(DUNWOODY, GA – 1/17/17) Please join CAIR Georgia for it its first major fundraising banquet, which will be held on Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017 at The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North Hotel in Dunwoody, God willing. Although the event has sold out, you can still support CAIR-GA’s efforts to serve, protect and advocate for Georgia Muslims by making a donation online.
Our special guest speakers will include activist Linda Sarsour, civil rights attorney Hassan Shibly, and Nihad Awad, founder and executive director of CAIR National, iA. During the banquet, we hope to celebrate what CAIR Georgia accomplished in 2016 and raise enough funds to fulfill our goals for 2017.
- Served Georgia Muslims by delivering free educational seminars, including Know Your Rights, Islamic Last Will & Testament, Public Speaking for Youth, and Self-Defense presentations.
- Protected Georgia Muslims by building interfaith coalitions with other civil rights groups and countering Islamophobia, including Newton County’s attempt to block an Islamic cemetery and a state legislator’s withdrawn proposal to ban niqabs.
- Advocated for Georgia Muslims by meeting with congressmen on Capitol Hill, delivering Islam 101 presentations to non-Muslim audiences, and conducting interviews with national and local media outlets.
- United Georgia Muslims across cultural lines to co-host a memorial service for Muhammad Ali, a post-Orlando blood drive in solidarity with all victims of unjust violence, a post-election town hall and self-defense seminar, and multiple voter turnout initiatives, including an election rally with Olympic athlete Ibtihaj Muhammad.
- Civil Rights Attorney
- Assistant to the Executive Director
- Government & Legislative Affairs Director
Here’s how you can, God willing, help us accomplish those goals: