Title: Communications & Outreach Coordinator
Position type: Part-time (20-30 hrs/week) with periodic evenings and weekends required for presentations and community outreach events.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Overview: CAIR-GA is looking for a passionate and talented individual to fill the newly created Communications & Outreach Coordinator position. Join one of the most dynamic teams defending civil rights on behalf of the American Muslim community.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Understand and assist in streamlining communications goals through the end of contract period
- Development of social media awareness campaigns with Communications Director
- Assisting in streamlining social media messaging across platforms
- Develop content – graphics, posts, print materials for CAIR-Georgia election, fundraising, education, and event campaigns
- Create and manage a posting schedule and social media management for duration of contract period
- Assist in executing the goals of the Communications and Outreach department
- Assist the Communications Director in any communications and outreach tasks as they arise
- Assist the CAIR-Georgia team in other tasks as they arise
Applicants should have the following skills and abilities
- Experience in drafting and running mail and social media awareness campaigns
- Experience in email and digital marketing
- Graphic Design
- Ability to conduct research and synthesize information for effective messaging
- Ability to track and document social media analytics
- A history of working collaboratively and successfully with people and organizations from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds and a broad range of ideological positions and religious views.
- Creative, results-oriented, self-starting, and willing to learn.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of CAIR Georgia
Time Frame: Now-March 31, 2021
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with skills and experience. Flexible schedule, holidays, and vacation.
Individuals with an understanding of the political landscape and voter concerns in Georgia are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Please send (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, (3) a brief example of your writing, and (4) the names and contact information of three references, to: [email protected] with the subject line “Communications & Outreach Coordinator”.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. CAIR-GA is an equal opportunity employer.