Position: Outreach Manager, part-time or full-time
Location: Atlanta, Georgia; Hybrid
Reports to: Executive Director
Application deadline: Applications must be received by January 15, 2024
Start Date: ASAP
CAIR-Georgia is the Georgia chapter of the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation’s largest civil liberties and advocacy group serving the Muslim community. Our mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, protect civil liberties, and empower Muslims in America to advocate for themselves. From restrictions placed on Muslims to practice their religion, to profiling and discrimination stemming from a lack of understanding of Islam, the need for CAIR in Georgia is great.
The Georgia chapter of the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR-Georgia) seeks an Outreach Manager with a demonstrated commitment to and interest in community organizing, relationship building, and serving diverse communities to join our team. The Outreach Manager will help to develop and implement CAIR-Georgia’s outreach priorities, with a special focus on advancing CAIR-Georgia’s mission and vision to broaden CAIR-Georgia’s base. They will also lead CAIR-Georgia’s Know Your Rights and volunteers.
The position will report to the Executive Director.
- Lead all aspects of CAIR-Georgia’s community and organizational outreach work, in collaboration with the Executive Director and according to the organization’s needs.
- Promote CAIR-Georgia’s work and services to different Georgia communities.
- Develop and deepen relationships with community organizations, including mosques and Muslim community centers, civil rights and social justice organizations, and other individuals and entities relevant to CAIR-Georgia’s work.
- Plan and participate in all outreach events, including weekly Friday tablings and educational and know your rights workshops throughout Georgia.
- Deliver and distribute outreach and education materials.
- Help maintain outreach program records.
- Occasional travel pertaining to outreach efforts.
All CAIR-Georgia staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated interest in civil rights and social justice issues.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Experience with public speaking and ability to engage an audience.
- Ability to interact with local mosques, religious leaders, and community leaders in Georgia.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must have reliable transportation (an insured vehicle) to enable travel throughout Georgia.
- Fluency in a second language other than English preferred.
- Understanding of Georgia Muslim community preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation for full-time Outreach Manager between $45,000 – $55,000 depending on title, skills, and experience
- Compensation for part-time Outreach Manager between $30,000 – $40,000 depending on title, skills, and experience
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave policies
- Reimbursement for health care coverage
Interested candidates should apply via email to [email protected], and include the following as PDF attachments:
- Cover letter addressing your interest in the position, relevant experience, and particular interest and/or experience in civil rights issues as they affect the Muslim community
- Resume summarizing your education, qualifications, and experience, including any relevant community-grounded organizing experience
- Three professional references and their contact information (email and phone)
Please indicate “2024 Outreach Manager” in the subject line.